Where are you from, Haiku / BeOS user?

Sweet :slight_smile: it rains A LOT in Bergen… LOL :slight_smile:

Russia, Saint-Petersburg

6 Likes

Hoogezand-sappemeer Nederland, or as we call it: highsand-juicylake.nl :wink:

Province Groningen.

3 Likes

For many years Zeegse was my main holiday destination by bike and tent.

2 Likes

I’ve lived in the San Francisco Bay Area since 2000 (San Mateo for fellow Californians).

Many years ago they were giving out free copies of BeOS if you registered as a developer, so I got a copy and installed it. Unfortunately, I never ended up making any software for Be. I lived near Cleveland, Ohio in those days.

1 Like

Hello Caleb!

Actually I’m from Székesfehérvár, Magyarország!
In english : Székesfehérvár, Hungary !

I settled here in 2001 as I was hired for an IT job then, since end of 2015 I left that firm, but still live here.
When I met BeOS - teoretically - it was in the end of '90s if I remember well.
There was a monthly issued magazine called ‘ALAPLAP’ (MOTHERBOARD - in english) which has CD-ROM addition in that time. I had not have a computer just papers and books, so I could not installed BeOS 5.0 then which was available on it, however I liked what was written in the magazine about it.
In that time OS/2 Warp was also issued with this magazine on CD-ROM so I would certainly installed both of them if I had a machine.
When I had a reliable machine first in 2006 I had Windows on it. All alternatives except Linux - were gone.

3 Likes

Zelenodolsk, (Tatarstan) Russia! After 5 years of using ubuntu - Haiku is something fresh and fast! I dunno my feelings, but just want to start Haiku and let it work!

4 Likes

Welcome to all the new faces! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Almost same fate and feelings :wink:

1 Like

Congratulations, you are the 300th user in our world map!

13 Likes

Birmingham, Alabama USA
Stumbled upon Haiku researching open-sourced free operating systems.

6 Likes

“Kalispera” from Athens, Greece!

6 Likes

Santiago, Chile.

I’ve known BeOS since around 2005, when a classmate shared an R5 install CD with me. I vividly remember being amazed at how fast the OS was, and how stupidly good MIDI files sounded with the included soundfont :laughing: … I’ve been hooked since then.

8 Likes

I live in Vannes, France

4 Likes

Gothenburg, Sweden.

5 Likes

I live in Den Haag, Nederland.

4 Likes

Chevry (01170), Ain department, France

3 Likes

Ciao from Milan, Italy

5 Likes

I’m from Beijing, China!