What do you think about this concept?

Hi, i’ve made a concept based on the current interface.
I think that it’s a bit more modern but not far from the beos style.

The widgets in the yellow tab should be more refined. And the corners of the window should be rounder.

Other than that looks good. :slight_smile:

I’ve made some modifications:

oops edited

Sorry to be a pain but… Make the corners even more round please. :lol: :wink:

I have talk quite a time ago with DarkWyrm about round corner for tabs and he told me that it was sometime definitly not planned for R1, cause it seems to be a bit hard to get transparency on tabs corners.

Like some of you perhaps already seen in this forum, i am also really enthousiat about round corner … but eh eh … have to wait :wink:

beosfrance wrote:
I have talk quite a time ago with DarkWyrm about round corner for tabs and he told me that it was sometime definitly not planned for R1, cause it seems to be a bit hard to get transparency on tabs corners.

Like some of you perhaps already seen in this forum, i am also really enthousiat about round corner … but eh eh … have to wait :wink:

To clarify, that’s not quite what I meant. :slight_smile:

The main reason why I personally do not like rounded corners is because of something called Fitts’ Law. I had my first bad experience with rounded corners with Fedora Core 3’s BlueCurve theme. I love how it looks. When I tried to close a maximized window, I would end up clicking on the desktop. Why? Because the outermost pixel row is missing from the tab in the corner. I end up using (under GNOME) the Mist window border for this very reason.

Go here for a better explanation: AskTog: A Quiz Designed to Give You Fitts

Rounded tabs aren’t really all that difficult to code for under Haiku anymore. It’s a usability thing. :slight_smile:

–DarkWyrm

DarkWyrm wrote:
When I tried to close a maximized window, I would end up clicking on the desktop. Why? Because the outermost pixel row is missing from the tab in the corner. I end up using (under GNOME) the Mist window border for this very reason.

Go here for a better explanation: AskTog: A Quiz Designed to Give You Fitts

Good link.

And I had that same problem in Linux with the clicking onto the desktop instead of the button on the Titlebar. It was annoying. :x

But in the thread posters case, it doesn’t matter. Be apps are never fullscreen (no maximize widget). Though the Tracker could have round corners on the side of the desktop and it wouldn’t matter much. For usability sake, I mean.