What are BONE

Sorry my ignorance, but…what are BONE?
so much programs need it.

BONE is another acronym, it means “BeOS Networking Environment”.

The networking stack in beos did not work out as well as Be inc would have liked. The company near the end of it’s life created a new network stack that they called BONE, to fix the problems that the other network stack had.

Haiku’s network stack is a lot more like the BONE network stack than the BeOS network stack, but it is not the same stack, as Haiku’s network stack has been made, to be how the Haiku developers would like it.

(more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeOS_Networking_Environment)

If You have coiches use the BONE builds under Haiku (for example there is 3 version from Firefox: for netserver (BeOS R5.0.3), for BONE (BeOS Dan0) and ZETA (BeOS Dan0+some extras)).

what are Dan0?

Dan0 was a development version of BeOS which i don’t think was ever offically release for sale…

I think Zeta code may have based off it but im not sure… if you search some more one the web you can find the answers to most of this stuff if you are interested otherwise it is really out of date stuff or not technically legal to use such as the leaked BeOS code etc or stuff based off it …(not that any of that stuff is even around anymore and if it is it is EXTREMELY difficult to come across)