WebKit weekly report #48 - More Locale Kit, buildbot and upstreaming efforts | Haiku Project

Hello world!

Last week I wrote the report while I was debugging a deadlock in ICU 53.1. I spent some time debugging this and I found the issue. ICU calls native functions to handle some aspects of timezones (tzset, localtime, and a few others). However on Haiku we implement these functions using ICU. This didn’t work too well as ICU tried to lock a lock it was already holding during the initialization of timezone data. Fortunately the calls can easily be disabled in ICU, and that was enough to fix the issue.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/pulkomandy/2014-10-10_webkit_weekly_report_48_more_locale_kit_buildbot_and_upstreaming_efforts/