Support for html5 audio makes slow progress, but progress nonetheless.
Last week I was struggling with the build system. These issues are solved now, and I have a WebKit build which recognizes the <audio> and <video> html5 tags. This is not quite enough to get the sound and video output going, however. I have started plugging some parts of it to the media kit. We now download the audio files, and try to decode them with Media Kit. However, I found a bug with our ffmpeg add-on, that doesn’t properly report the list of formats it can decode. I could work around that (but I’ll try to fix it properly instead). However, we also have a problem with using BMediaFile and BMediaTrack in hybrid applications, as the ffmpeg decoder add-on is not available for those, and it needs to be instanciated in the application side. Moreover, the media server doesn’t seem to handle hybrid paths properly, so the app tries to load the non-hybrid version of the add-on. So, I’ll have to work on the media kit itself, earlier than I expected.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/pulkomandy/2014-03-28_webkit_weekly_report_25/