The work started last week on ClipToPicture made some progress this week. We discussed this further with Stippi and now have a solution that doesn’t involve rewriting half of app_server code, and is also a bit simpler and faster than what I tried to do first. I wrote a test application and some boilerplate code, then Stippi jumped in and implemented the missing bits. There are still some missing features like the ability to stack multiple clippings using PushState/PopState, and some problems when scaling and translating the view, as expected. We also met a drawing glitch when moving or resizing the window, however, we’re not sure what’s happening yet.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/pulkomandy/2014-01-31_webkit_weekly_report_17/