WANTED -- VLC version 3.0.17 32/64 bit HPKGs!

Ahoy,

I want to downgrade to VLC version 3.0.17 on Haiku - it’s more simple to have the version just works as ecpected in all parts as I like it.

Unfortunately I had not found some archiving site for ported apps and from HD always the latest can be installed.
There is no fat ISO image (with larger e.g. 4.x GB size) to have a same time available packages when a release went out – to have it from an install media.

So I need them
from someone who has kept them
in one of their update “state” directory
or
still available even from ‘packages’ directory … 8D.

Of course if it is still available in a different way (except from rebuilding from source :)) ) … I’m open for suggestions.

Now I’m on 64bit, but I’ve started to rebuild my - recently selfdestructed - 32bit Haiku as well : this way I ask(ed) for both.

Thanks for your help in advance !

2 Likes

Hi. You can download directly from the HaikuDepot web interface.

Search for the VLC package, and click on All Versions link in the bottom:
https://depot.haiku-os.org/#!/pkg/vlc?bcguid=bc3-FXAD

2 Likes

Dear @un_spacyar,

I see, thanks … :sunglasses: :star_struck:

EDIT #01 :

Unfortunately the download link does not provide downloadable file.

EDIT #02

If it happens as not logged in (aka authenticated) … then it won’t be doable as I am
intractable (?), refactory (?)
regarding my user name at registration, so I struggling to register the same KitsunePrefecture as I did everywhere.
However I understand the SW does not allow somehow the uppercase letters in usernames, so even the lenght extended …
technically I can’t register an account as I would like.

2 Likes

Maybe open an issue at haikuports about things that don’t work for you?

1 Like

Ahoy @Begasus ,

Once I discussed exactly with you – in another thread (maybe haikuports announcements 2023) – that I won’t use github (and issues ther) as I do not like the site logic and layout.
Meanwhile I understood : devs agreed on github ticketing - in case portedsoftwares, aka haikuports packages – it is just right for them in case of ported softwares.

I would much apprecciated to have a Haiku client app that would enable open issues upon which software selected in the app.
The app would provide our input in the suitable fields on github and display answers/questions from devs from Github’s Issue of the appropriate program.

It should have a central beshare storage, where to upload attachements not fitted to Trac :
→ video captures about the issue if exolanation is misunderstood
→ core files - if needed
→ etc.

As I wrote more simple to have the old binary and installas that misunderstanding just
just that happened when you red my written explanation about my issues.
We have another native languages, you may not take important taht work that way in VLC meanwhile really annoying for me.

It would be more simple if I could show you in a screenshare or in a captured video. However that should be edited and or narrated to be clear
For supporting devs the same misunderstanding or different inportancy to fix an only conveniency or customization feature that does not work anymore - also can happen .j

This way I wrote : more simple for all participants - for me, for devs as if I can quietly downgrade to the desired level - as the new version does not offer what I would miss from VLC, but now I miss things I expect to have in VLC as it was and as I used.
Unfortunately all later versions than 3.0.17 miss it and it had more issues- in latest.
For example -
Now you cannot change fonts of OSD and subtitles, the font installed, I copied the VLC settings I had, many things works but the fonts.
In properties the selected MS font , color , etc. has set, but some system font used when rendered.
With a mentioned package installed at least I could check that my theory : these things were OK in earlier VLC I want so now should have such way presented and working - however then I was on 32bit Haiku., so issue in other is not excluded without questions.

I hope I could clarify everything – from my perspective. :))

I’m having a hard time figuring out what you exactly mean here (English isn’t my native language either), so far I understand that changing OSD and subtitles are not working when changed?

the complaint here is that The fonts for the on screen display and subtitles cannot be changed to the desired font.

That would take a “real” developer to fix (if it’s broken, no way to know how to test it as it’s not my main mediaplayer) :slight_smile: