VMWare Player Mouse Acceleration Settings

Warning: This post contains subjective information…

OK, I can´t seem to get the mouse to move in a way that feels comfortable.

When I move the mouse quickly and then stop, it seems to way overshoot its intended destination. However, if I go to the mouse preferences and move it down by one notch, the same action will result in a massive undershoot of the target.

It´s difficult to quantify this problem as it could be just my interpretation.

I´m using VMWare Player 12 on Slackware 14.1 (Xfce) with a Razor Abyssus gaming mouse set to 1800 dpi. When running Windows 7 under VMware, or just using Linux, the mouse seems to respond in a fairly similar way, but Haiku feels quite uncomfortable.

Is this something to do with the acceleration curve? Maybe a combination of the curve coming through VMware from the host OS and Haiku´s own acceleration on top…

I haven´t tried physical hardware recently but I don´t think the problem was quite as pronounced.

Thanks Adrien, I wasn´t aware that this was an option. I can´t find any option in VMWare to change this - but it´s nice to know that Haiku is working as it should be, anyway.

Hi,

In most virtual machines you can set the mouse pointer to "absolute" or "tablet" mode, or use add-ons that enable integration with the host cursor. In these cases, only the host will handle the mouse acceleration, which will solve your problem.