I swapped my video card from a Radeon 2400-pro to an R5 240. Since then, I get no signal after the boot screen finishes. One of my monitors just shows no signal, while a few other monitors say it’s an unsupported resolution. The fallback driver does work, but it’s stuck at 1024x768, not a great option since all my monitors are higher than that. I’m using a DVI to VGA adapter, I checked continuity for all the pins and it seems perfect. I would like help if anyone has ideas how to make this card fully functional in Haiku. I’m on beta 2 and recently ran updates.
- Use the nightly branch. First, test with a new live DVD from the nightly branch for your platform.
- Create a bug report (component/driver/radeonhd). Attach your syslog. Track with Haiku dev team.
- Try to talk to devs in Haiku IRC.
Unfortunately this bug seems the bug i had with RX460 and RX580 , at the moment not solved, use VESA or framebuffer instead
Here is what I’d suggest based on overall user feedback:
- RX 460 - known issue with driver
- RX 470 - SUGGESTED by driver developer. Unknown status.
- RX 480 - SUGGESTED by driver developer. Unknown status.
- RX 540 - Unknown status.
- RX 550 - seems to work with Haiku. SUGGESTED by a user.
- RX 560 - known issue with driver
- RX 570 - known issue with driver
- RX 580 - known issue with driver
- RX 590 - not listed in driver
According to latest additions only device id is added to the driver for RX580 , if i am not wrong