Video editor 'Medo', WIP screenshots

Some major bug fixes and we’re getting closer to release. Latest screenshot:

New feature:

• added 20 channel audio equaliser (filter)

Notice how the effects are stacked:

• bottom track has vignette and colour grading
  • top track has a mask to stencil/clip a region (with keyframe animations), a blur effect applied to the mask, some text with shadow, text transform (rotation), colour grading on text layer, and a page curl transition between bottom / top track.
  • app windows (monitor, colour scope, mixer, effects window) each running in their own thread thanks to BeAPI multithreaded design. On top of this, I also use an actor model for thumbnails in another thread, rendering effects in a third, audio processing in another thread, and ffmpeg/BMediaKit has a whole heap of threads per track. This app loves Ryzen CPU’s (hey, I should ask AMD to sponsor me :slight_smile:

screenshot3

22 Likes

One more monthly screenshot:

• 3d text effects
  • theming (dark/bright/system) - lots of colour fixes to support theming contrasts
  • language selection (I’ll need help from community once I’m close to release)

Expect release just before Christmas, so in 3 weeks or so.

BTW - I’ve tried configuring Appearance panel to select various colours, but I cannot figure out how to modify Tracker file text colour (it’s always Black). Anyone know how to configure the Tracker text colour?

Bitmap Clip

18 Likes

It is always black as it is intended to be.
You can have it of a different colour (panel text colour) but it is a trick (In Background app, for DefaultFolder check icon label contour then Tracker icon view will have colour but not list view unless you switch to icon view then back to list view) so I’m not sure that you can reproduce it calling Tracker from an app.
Maybe this other trick will be easier to reproduce. Create a folder in icon view, make a shortcut to it on your desktop, start to navigate from there.

Wow, that’s sooner than expected. Congrats!
Hmm… since you used to announce that your first release will coincide with Haiku R1, does that mean…? j/k :smile:

Let’s start the rumour. R1 for XMas. Oh yeah! :smiley:
Try to imagine Haiku devs faces if you were the project leader and you just announced that. Scary.

I think these patches fix that problem:
https://review.haiku-os.org/c/haiku/+/3406
https://review.haiku-os.org/c/haiku/+/3407

1 Like

Good thing we have no project leader!

Currently beta3 is scheduled on Trac for early 2021. We’ll see how things go.

3 Likes

The first release is a beta, one of many, so obviously the final “release” will coincide with Haiku R1 final :wink:

2 Likes

BTW - I’ve tried configuring Appearance panel to select various colours, but I cannot figure out how to modify Tracker file text colour (it’s always Black). Anyone know how to configure the Tracker text colour?

My two reviews pulkomandy mentioned above are now merged in hrev54742, it should now respect B_DOCUMENT_TEXT_COLOR.

mfg,
Nephele

6 Likes

I’d gladly pay $50 + usd for a good daw/video editor.

this looks really really promising.

2 Likes