Unable to install 2011 Macbook Air

I’m struggling to get haiku installed on this machine, my USB Install media doesn’t even show up in the bootloader, does anyone have any suggestions? I acquired this crap machine for free and thought it might be a fun machine to use on the go.

1 Like

Install rEFInd to a spare USB stick and boot through it, then copy Haiku’s bootx64.efi into the Mac’s EFI partition by hand.

if usb boot doesnt work then install rEFInd directly from macOS if you still have it on the drive

if you need help doing it or run Big Sur then consult the website

1 Like

For my 2011-2012 Air, I didn’t need refind, I planned to wipe macOS totally off drive and I booted my usb stick by pressing option when booting and selecting the Haiku EFI to boot. Then when Haiku started to boot I got into boot options and disabled a few things experimentally and enabled failsafe video and set debug options to show boot process on screen to figure out where it hung up. Can’t remember final but I believe for initial usb boot I had to enable failsafe video and disable acpi but needed it once I got OS installed on drive all I had to do was enable failsafe video and was good to go only webcam, WiFi and sound was missing and usb dongle fixed the WiFi issues for now.

2 Likes

so it is working now?