this is my first time posting here.
I am Johannes from Germany. So pls apologize my bad english.
And i really love Haiku
So… i’m about programming some software for Haiku.
While that, i’m struggled of lots of problems…
First of all, i tried to make my GUI with the Layout lib. Works bad.
Lots of graphic errors.
So i decided to make my GUI the old way
Works perfect… till now.
I have a BTextView and i wanna change the font size and color in there.
But it just dont work!
I even tried in a small project with just a BTextView…
It would really help to see the code. Also of your layout management adventures. All apps coming with Haiku and many 3rd party apps are using it successfully, so there has to be something wrong with the code.
I suggest putting it into a github repo.
You are right KapiX, but there is always the… you know… to make something special. for your own. I know its ridicoulus… but hey… its a hobby for me… so as i said, i’ll take a look at the others and maybe, just maybe i can help a little bit.
More than happy to take volunteers to mould Paladin. The version in Haiku Depot is quite old and buggy.
Please take a look at the milestones on Github for Paladin to see the ideas and options we’re playing with. Especially the Developer Work flow and UI Experiments milestones. Lots of interesting things there, and I’m more than happy to experiment with unique takes on things. No need for you to start from scratch.
Paladin should be ready for a 1.5 release that fixes all outstanding bugs in the next 3 weeks. Hoping to finish before BeGeistert in Hamburg. After that it’ll be around ease of development, template projects, and other things to make coding for Haiku easier. (E.g. A template window app with controls and layouts preconfigured and working!)
That makes sense. Paladin currently uses an external editor. I am toying with the concept of saved Window Layouts that would be restored on opening a project. So all the editor windows would be reopened in their exact previous state and location. (May be useful to other apps, so I’d add this is a separate library).
I also need to look at the replicant code to see if it’s feasible to grab most of an application and embed it. E.g. A Pe editor window’s content within a Paladin Window. That would be a cheap way to get an IDE.