Trouble with packages/updates

Hi, long time listener, first time caller… I’ve installed Beta6 in a VM (KVM) and seeing weird behaviour with downloading/updating packages. Most of the time it’s failed with errors, inconsistent which package failed. However, just as I’ve come here to ask what to look at, all is now fine. Could this be a CDN problem?

The CDN is actually just one bare metal server with unmetered bandwidth,so it’s quite possible that it had a little hiccup.
I didn’t see any other reports about that,however.
What exactly was the error message you’re seeing?
At what time did you experience it (over a few hours/days or only a few minutes)?
Did other network connections work while updates had problems?
Could also be a issue with your network driver or connection.

Being a foolish person I didn’t take a note of the exact error. Something about not allowed. I noted another thread where the user was asked to try a download loop test. That gave me a mix of 404 errors and downloads failed, which does point to the download box being unhappy.

issue occurred over a couple of hours I was trying. I tried pings to somethjng local which were all successful and the home network is nice and stable.

As you say, maybe just a hiccup on the server. I’ll have another look today and see if it’s behaving :slight_smile:

You could also try pull down a reasonably sized package binary .hpkg file from the same computer and then a different computer (maybe on a different network) using curl;

curl -L -v -O "https://eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org/haikuports/master/x86_64/current/packages/firefox-155.0-1-x86_64.hpkg"

This would perhaps give a steer where the issue may lie.

2 Likes