TestMaker Plus (an educational program) ported to Haiku

Hello!

Recently I’ve decided to port TestMaker Plus (an educational program written in Qt and C++ that allows anyone to create school tests/exams and well… redistribute them so that other people could take them) to Haiku. So far, everything went smoothly and I didn’t have to patch anything. Here is the screenshot of the Russian version of the program running in Haiku latest nightly build:

In case if you’re interested I have uploaded the 64-bit binaries for Haiku on FileDropper: [binaries removed on request, instead check out the official site of the program for the download]

Now this is my first program for Haiku and I have a few questions about application development for Haiku. I’ll be describing them in the next post.

4 Likes
  1. What character combination is treated in Haiku as new line character? In UNIX/Linux it’s ‘\n’, in Windows it’s ‘\r\n’. My guess is that Haiku treats just ‘\r’ as the new line character, but maybe I’m wrong.
  2. How do you add icons/shortcuts for your application in Haiku?

Sorry if I’m asking too many questions.

1 Like

Please, do not post binaries here. (So remove that link, please.)
For every other question you can find plenty info at the HaikuPorts wiki.

AFAIK, it’s \n.

For distribution, it’s recommended to create a HPKG package. Best done with haikuporter and a recipe. You can submit that recipe to the haikuports repo to have it build from source by the buildbots and it’ll automatically hit the default repo in HaikuDepot.

Otherwise, putting a link into /boot/home/config/settings/deskbar/menu/Applications will have your app appear in the Deskbar under “Applications”.

@humdinger Thanks for the info!

OK, I removed the links now.