Still looking for a Haiku mascot?

photo_2020-08-16_09-29-08

1 Like

Ugly very ugly.

Let it go.

I donā€™t want to sound too unenthusiastic here but I can live with the fact that Haiku doesn`t have a mascot very well. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Why we should have any mascot like others? We should be different. So best Haikuā€™s mascot - there no any mascot !!!

6 Likes

Iā€™m tempted to rename the topic to ā€œStill not looking for a Haiku mascotā€¦ā€

14 Likes

I guess itā€™s just that time of the year again.

3 Likes

I still keep my stance on the anime/chibi styled mascot, it would fit the name and the existing branding/iconography and if theyā€™re designed cutely, could be made into tons of art, wallpapers, or branding for Haiku

3 Likes

As an unofficial mascot there is Walter the fish dating back from the OpenBeOS->Haiku renaming time. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Please, not an animal. This thing was almost Linuxā€™s by the way.
Lnx-fox

2 Likes

Always Walter.

11 Likes

For me is Haiku small and fast, so Speedy Gonzales would be the perfect mascot, but there is a trademark issue.
Alternative something like Hummingbird: Hummingbird - Bilder und Stockfotos - iStock

long live Walter <3

5 Likes

Just learned Walter is a fish. I always thought it is a frog.

3 Likes

Isnā€™t it already a mascot of KolibriOS - http://wiki.kolibrios.org/wiki/Main_Page/?

1 Like

With some creative font work, you can make a mascot character out of the letters ā€œHAIKUā€ - add some eyes, hands, a leaf moustache, etc. You can also give it a meaningful Japanesy name. A rough example below.

• Haya Haiku: means ā€œfreeā€ or ā€œleafā€ OS
  • Hideyo Haiku: means ā€œworldā€ OS
  • Haruta Haiku: means ā€œmultiā€ OS
  • Hibito Haiku: means ā€œhumanā€ OS
  • Hachi Haiku: means ā€œbeeā€ OS
  • Hatomi Haiku: means ā€œpigeonā€ OS

Haiku-figure

Oh yeah it is, thank you for pointing that out, I was not aware of that OS :+1:

Haiku is already a japanese word

1 Like

Can we stick with Walter as it was the ā€œmascotā€ from almost the start?

6 Likes

Keeping Walter as the officially unofficial mascot would also be my recommendation, after all Walter was chosen precisely as a joke/acknowledgement of the impossibility to select a logo/mascot/name that satisfies everybody, so in the end it got the majority of the community behind him! :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

This could be a pretty cool idea to include some definitions in the mascotā€™s name, like using Hibito or Haya could inhibit that Haiku is a more free or more human operating system compared to the likes of Windows or Linux (because letā€™s be real, Linux is gonna give you some weird issues sometimes you just donā€™t get anywhere else XD)