Steps to make a .hpkg file for my games?

The question is still (not yet answered) do you want to offer the packages on haikuports (open source) or in a 3rd party repo (closed source).

Then it is helpful to know where exactly your problems are. @Begasus is very experienced in building packages for HaikuPorts and you can ask me about my HPKGCreator.

If there are problems building the package, you will surely get an output too? You can also post these to determine the error :wink:

2 Likes

Hi, I would prefer to offer them via haikuports since that is built-in and my projects are all opensource. Let me see if I can get a screenshot of what I am seeing. Thanks again!

You know what, I think I will try HPKGCreator since the building works fine. What repos can I submit to? Can I ask you questions in my trial?

Iā€™m happy to help as much as my time allows. There are instructions for use on our knowledge base https://www.besly.de (should also be selectable via the program).

As @lorglas already wrote, you can make your games available on our repo server:
https://software.besly.de

Ok will post when I have some progressā€¦

1 Like

Checking out hpkgcreator (not the first time) but looking at the tutorial itā€™s not fully documented I think.

build number should be REVISION (as used in the recipes, and mentioned in the UI, at the moment so one has a clue what the empty field means)
In the drop section it would be nice to have some text displaying drop files here
Is it possible to change the Package Folder to anything else then /boot/system ?

hpkgcreator creates a ~/.besly directory, better would be something like ~/besly-projects ?

Yes you are right, it is a very early one

Thanks for the feedback, i take a look on it

The project folders are in .besly at all

I think that @Begasus was wondering why they are in an hidden folderā€¦
I assume that simply itā€™s because .besly was already used by other BeSly apps. But indeed, it would certainly make more sense to have projects in ~/HPKG-Projects and settings in ~/config/settings/BeSly/HPKGCreator.

I like to hide folders, so i deside to use a .folder

Itā€™s not a common practice to use hide folders in /boot/home, there are plenty fixes already for that at haikuports and issues commenting them.
As @Starcrasher mentioned, projects should go to somewhere like /boot/home/besly-projects, and settings to /boot/home/config/settings (or /boot/system/settings).

I have created a script to build a hpkg for Medo. Have a look at code/create_package script (https://github.com/smallstepforman/Medo). You can ignore the Pluggins, Addons and Language section. The script compiles code in release mode, sets App attributes, assigns icon, creates menu bar entry, copies data and resources and finally creates a hpkg. The script should be easy to follow, and outlines the steps I need to creatr a package with addons and pluggins.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll keep that in mind when I make the next expansion. Iā€™ve seen that there is still a lot that I could improve.

1 Like

Is it possible to add mime info into hpkgcreator also? Doing so would get it up in the list of recent apps I think :wink:

You canā€™t open a previous project? Like I was working on one yesterday, if I want to do some work on it I have to start from scratch again?

I wanted to add the Mimi Infos, but I need to know how to do it. Maybe Iā€™m smarter now that Iā€™m creating my RecipeCreator.

Each project can be saved and then reopened and edited (save project, open project). A created hpkg file can also be imported via import.

1 Like

Maybe I just didnā€™t save it :wink:

But you create a hpkg file? Then user the import option and save your project.

1 Like

Think I need to take some smaller project :wink: (zipped archive for fpc/lazarus is already over 500 Mib )

Maybe the package should be divided into several? Once the IDE and then the extras.