Steps to create a Haiku repo

The repository and packages could be published using Gitlab pages or Github pages. I don’t know if that is allowed by their terms of use and if they put any traffic/size limitation on pages, but technically you just need something that can serve a set of files over https, and the “pages” services are just that.

It’s a bit sad it has become easier to host a website this way than at a dedicated web service company. Quite likely Github and Gitlab won’t be operating at a loss providing all services for free eternally, at some point they will close or ask people for payment or something. So keep that in mind and make sure you’re ready to move your things elsewhere when it happens.

1 Like

Good day,

Thanks for the info. Actually I find it very convenient (at least for now, as you pointed out) keeping a repo on those services, so others can clone, fork, help, contribute or whatever. That way, at least the files will persist (for now), and be available to all instead of disappear in the wilderness of the net.

A website from a web service company is also an option, but if for any reason I can’t keep the service, the files would be lost. Same scenario as if I set a LAMP server at home, which would be the “best setup?”.

Nonetheless, I wasn’t thinking about the Pages option, but more in the way an Arch repo is set (which doesn’t use Pages afaik). Then again, I don’t know yet how to set a Haiku repo, so better I do my research on that topic and then come back.

Thanks again.
Regards,
RR

hello …
sorry for bugging you but…
… did you still have haiku 32bit clasqm for pretendo and bnes?