Source files unavailable + change embedded installation option

I cannot download neither from pkgman nor from Haikudepot (after enabling source and devel packages in show menu) the source packages, for example pyqt_builder_source or pyqt5_sip_source. If I type pkgman search pyqt5_sip_source
it returns:
pyqt5_sip_source The PEP 517 Compliant PyQt Build System (source files)
so pkgman lists it but doesn’t install the package

trying to do a
pip3.7 install PyQtWebEngine
or
pip3.8… or pip3.9
it seems he cannot build sip, and gives this error:
Command errored out with exit status 1: /bin/python3.7 /packages/python3-3.7.10-4/.self/lib/python3.7/vendor-packages/pip install --ignore-installed --no-user --prefix /boot/system/cache/tmp/pip-build-env-h917bhpb/overlay --no-warn-script-location --no-binary :none: --only-binary :none: -i https://pypi.org/simple – ‘sip >=5.3, <7’ ‘PyQt-builder >=1.9, <2’ Check the logs for full command output.

I wanted to remove the ignore-installed option because pyqt5_sip pyqt5_sip_python38 pyqt5_sip_python39 pyqt_builder pyqt_builder_python38 pyqt_builder_python39 are installed
but I don’t know how to do it, anyone experienced?

What do you try to accomplish? AFAIK You are not supposed to use the source packages. You should however read the haikuporter wiki, probably.

And btw QtWebEngine is not available/supported/ported for Haiku. Yet.

Well that was the point, I realized that qrcode module for python works and installs fine if I “pip install” it. So I tried with QtWebEngine without luck, is haikuporter the only way to handle this stuff?

btw, if I am not supposed to use the source packages, why are them listed? It confuses me

It wont work, because the reasons i listed earlier.

Some licenses enforces source releases.

No, but for that you are supposed to know Haiku well enough under the hood.

thank you for the explanations

one more thing is not clear to me: if some license enforces source releases, the sources listed in pkgman are not downloadable because they are hosted elsewhere and compiled in haikuports?

You can download the hpkgs manually, for sure. But trust me: you dont need them, as everything is in the haikuports git repository, use that.

1 Like

there is a bug report: #9990 (Installation of source packages fails) – Haiku

1 Like