[solved] haikuporter - uncompress problem?

Dear all

after see some package update and see wxQt package… i want to test audacity port…
to enable build i’m remove question mark before x86_64 …
(system: haiku64bit hrev52688 on virtualbox on windows1064bit)

after that i execute

haikuporter audacity

… after downloading source… it throw exception

general system error… /boot/home/haikuports/media-sound/audacity/work-2.1.2/source/audacity-minsrc-2.1.2/lib/src/twolame/doc

i check the folders and that folder doesn’t exist…
i think the package is corrupt… so i download the source tracked from recipe… and download from chrome on windows 10 and try to extract it…
the weird is the source is ok… no corrupted one …
i try to compress it to various format (zip, 7z, tar)… then copy into vm …
and try to extract it…(with various extrator.unzip 7za …untar ) but always failed with
unfinished extract … folder missing… etc…

i dont have idea whats wrong…

I wanted to do the same thing but it seems impossible for now:

There is no support for wxQt, wxX11 or other wx variants, as they are incomplete in key areas. The GTK+ headers are also required as Audacity includes extensions to wxGTK which need the underlying toolkit headers to compile.

1 Like

oh… i see… thanks for your response @Diver

@Diver
i try another application …notepadqq (available on depot… jut curiously testing haikuporter)

haikuporter notepadqq
after downloading source… it seem failed to extract it
unpacking source of v.1.4.0.tar.gz
[error -1] general system error : ‘/boot/home/haikuports/app-editors/notepadqq/work-1.4.0/sources/notepadqq-1.4.0/doc’

so… i think thereis problem on decompressing process… because checksum is ok

problem and solution found…
after fscheck-ing … it found filesystem error and fortunately can be fix…
after that i retry haikuporter … it pass extracting activities… and start to build…

Please add a [Solved] in front of your thread title - and maybe change “[haikuporter]” to “haikuporter:” for the optics… :slight_smile:

ok… i’ve been change title…
hope useful for others…

1 Like

Technically you can have GTK compiled (i provided GTK3 recipe), but as there is no windowed backend in Haiku yet, you would have to run the gui part on a browser (with the Broadway backend).

Not really a good option for now, despite it working at native speed and so.