[SOLVED] Calligra Plan

Hello,
Calligra Plan installation from HaikuDepot requires some libraries:

How can I get these from pkgman?

Many thanks and regards!

Looks like boost164 needs a rebuild, or maybe something else. CC @Begasus.

Boost is in the planning, but won’t be before some days.

3 Likes

Is there any plan to eliminate the breakage of packages that seem to occur quite frequently?

1 Like

Stop updating libraries all the time unless something really needs a new version? Have a release branch for haikuports, which so far insists on being a rolling release project?

3 Likes

So the answer is “no”?

Can I try to compile/rebuild Haiku software locally for myself?
If so is there any documentation re: this?
Where can I get source codes used to build it for HaikuDepot?

HaikuPorts simply does not have the people-power right now to manage both a “tested” branch and a “development” branch. So, that leaves us with the options of: releases almost never get new software (Debian-style) or things break now and again and have to be fixed (Arch Linux-style.) Given that HaikuPorts breakage (basically) never leads to unbootable systems, just to unable-to-be-installed packages? I’d say that’s an acceptable trade-off for the present.

Do you have any ideas about what could be done instead? Or, do you know of where we might find more volunteers to maintain recipes and manage trees to support separate branches? (Separating branches will also require a serious rework of the current automated build system for packages, too, which does not presently support this.)

2 Likes

There is a lot of possible choices in-between Arch (or Debian unstable, which isthe same) and Debian stable. The obvious one is Debian testing: packages get available there only if they spent 15days in unstable and got no bugreports.

This should not have a too high maintenance cost once it is set up, and would filter the most obvious problems for most users.

It does take some work to set it up in a sufficiently automated way, however.

3 Likes

Yes, of course you can do that. You can setup haikuporter and haikuports and build the software using the haikuporter tool. The necessary steps are explained in detail here: Home · haikuports/haikuports Wiki · GitHub
If you run into problems just feel free to ask.
That´s for the software available in HaikuDepot. For the software bundled with the OS itself you need to download the Haiku source code and build the apps (or the whole OS) yourselves. For further documentation on that go to the Haiku website under Development/Contributing.

1 Like

As stated by some earlier, you can setup haikuports and where needed rebuild packages yourself with haikuporter, I’m not available all the time (mostly check up on 32bit builds there).
In case of problems you can always answer here and I’m sure someone will step up to help out if need be. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

See also Building packages with haikuporter which might be easier to parse than navigating the wiki.

3 Likes

Looking into it, possible solutions:

1. revbump boost164 (shouldn’t we try to forget about it, it’s a fairly old one?) (build fails on 64bit nightly)
  2. revbump calligraplan (with dependencies for boost169 (as eigen has a dependency for that version)
  3. revbump eigen to use boost 170 and after that calligraplan to use boost 170

Calligra is also using eigen and a dependency for boost170, not sure how that worked as eigen’s dependency for boost170?

Calligra Plan rebuild with dependency for boost169, could you re-check?

3 Likes

everything is ok! thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for replying, edited the topic to show the issue is solved. :slight_smile:

3 Likes