[Solved] Any nextcloud/owncloud sync client?

The important part of the work was done by @mmu_man!
I’ve just put things together and fix simple things.

4 Likes

Also note it will silently ignore attributes, so if you want to use it to back up People files…

7 Likes

Those who require,
can set a zipping step before saves to the cloud storage space ?
As I learned from another thread here where a Haiku compatible archiver was asked for - zip saves the attributes.
This way it can be kept - if needed, can’t be ?

1 Like

@Master199 Recipe has been merged and builds completed on the buildmasters, maybe announce it in the topic “New/Updated …”? :wink:

5 Likes

(I’m new here to the forum … but have been tinkering with Haiku for awhile … :slight_smile: )

I gave this a try against my own instance of Nextcloud right now and confirms it works fantastically :slight_smile: I want to do small things with Haiku and grabbing some of my data in it from nextcloud after reading this thread is one of those things :smiley:

6 Likes

Just following up again with this. I got excited before but didn’t report this :slight_smile:

The link that is created in the Applications directory doesn’t work (An error dialog comes up with “There was an error resolving the link”.) I had to run nohup nextcloud & in the Terminal to load it. I tried this on two installs and it is the same issue. However, once it runs, it works fine (actually it zooms on Haiku (in QEMU on my newish laptop :slight_smile: )

Running on 32bit/64bit Haiku? (had it installed already so didn’t update to the haikuports build yet)

I am using 64-bit Haiku …

Looking further, opening Get Info on the link, it says it links to: …/…/…/…/…/…/…/nextcloud.

Found it, some variable wansn’t set in the recipe, should have looked closer, will push a fix later, meanwhile you can still use it from Terminal, thanks for reporting!

3 Likes

Hey guys!!

All works fine as i said in Telegram

Thanks so much guys!!!

2 Likes

… I had already thanked you the other day but i can’t do it often enough.
The client runs right away and even the configuration is available with all details. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes