Software with xul dependencies?

Dear all

I have a java application that i want to run in haiku …it have dependencies with xul library (mozilla/firefox related) … any idea how to get xul in haiku?.. anyone can give some hints? apoligize me if my english is not good.thanks everyone…

There was BeZilla (http://www-archive.mozilla.org/ports/beos/) based on Mozilla but I think that’s deprecated now that WebPositive and QupZilla have replaced it.

You may find the XUL runtime from BeZilla may work for you.

Dave

1 Like

BeZilla is very dated by now. For something a bit more recent, there was also an unbranded build of Firefox 3.0 (Minefield, I think it was?) that you could find and download for Haiku back in the BeBits/Alpha 4 days, though I’m not sure it would work on today’s Nightly builds or not. Last I tried it on was Alpha 4; today I use Web+ when on Haiku. Source for Firefox 3.0b1 is here: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/3.0b1/source/

And here’s a link that should have results for old Firefox binaries from PulkoMandy’s BeOS software archive page: http://pulkomandy.tk/~beosarchive/index.pl?search=firefox

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

thanks @dwt … i will check your suggestion

mazbrili

thank you @apgreimann
sure i’ll check your suggestion…

yesterday i try to check xulrunner form mozilla source… but it seem
compile it to haiku is beyond my capability

mazbrili

I think that XUL lives on in the MailNews (Thunderbird) recipe, which is where you should find the most up to date port we have.

hi all

thank you for everyone inovelved…
@dwt i try bezilla and can run but the application cannot run
@apgreimann i’ve been download from pulkomandy… firefox can run but java application cannot run
@PulkoMandy i have try your suggested application too but seem still stuck
i’ve change xulrunner path with application that application suggest by above people but still problem…

the main script runner is like this:

# a native browser, mozilla or webkit, should be automatically looker up at runtime.
# if not found, you can can uncomment the following lines and point to a valid
# Firefox or XULRnner installation. see for more info: http://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#specifyxulrunner

#export ZEKR_BROWSER="-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/usr/lib/firefox"

JAVA_CMD=java

ORIG_DIR_NAME=`cd`
DIR_NAME=`dirname $0`
MAIN_CLASS=net.sf.zekr.ZekrMain
CLASS_PATH=lib/log4j-1.2.8.jar:lib/swt.jar:lib/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar:lib/commons-codec-1.3.jar:lib/commons-io-1.4.jar:lib/commons-lang-2.4.jar:lib/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar:lib/commons-configuration-1.6.jar:lib/velocity-1.6.2.jar:lib/lucene-core-3.0.0.jar:lib/lucene-highlighter-3.0.0.jar:lib/lucene-snowball-3.0.0.jar:lib/lucene-memory-3.0.0.jar:lib/lucene-misc-3.0.0.jar:lib/mp3spi-1.9.4.jar:lib/vorbisspi-1.0.3.jar:lib/jlayer-1.0.1.jar:lib/basicplayer-3.0.jar:lib/tritonus-share-0.3.6.jar:lib/tritonus-jorbis-0.3.6.jar:lib/jorbis-0.0.17.jar:lib/jspeex-0.9.7.jar:dist/zekr.jar
VM_ARGS="-Xms20m -Xmx128m $ZEKR_BROWSER"

cd $DIR_NAME
"$JAVA_CMD" $VM_ARGS -cp "$CLASS_PATH" $MAIN_CLASS $*
cd $ORIG_DIR_NAME

and error message is
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: could not load SWT library. Reason:
no swt-gtk-4233 in java.libary.path
no swt-gtk in java.libary.path
/boot/home/.swt/lib/Haiku/x86/libswt-gtk-4233.so : missing library

i’ve been running other java application and run ok.
any help is very appreciated…

thanks
mazbrili

for more clearer task that i have done:
i’m change the startup script in section, remove remark and point into xulrunner
#export ZEKR_BROWSER="-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/usr/lib/firefox"
into application path that i get when application running and check process via terminal
~ps
and the result is list application
/boot/system/apps/MailNews

export ZEKR_BROWSER="-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/boot/system/apps/MailNews"
and when it throw error… i change other application…
and it is still failed…

thank you

What makes you think the problem is in any way related with XUL?

could not load SWT library

SWT has not been ported to Haiku yet. It needs native binding and apparently is trying to use GTK ones. We don’t have a GTK port, either. So there are two alternatives:

• Port GTK, and manage to build libswt-gtk using it, or
  • Port SWT to another toolkit, for example the native Haiku one, or Qt.

Until then you can only use graphical java apps based on other toolkits: Swing or AWT.

@PulkoMandy thank you for your explanation… both option is seem difficult… right now…

thank you again for all…