Recent Web+ browser issue - cookie / login credentials

Hi there,

I would like to know is there someone who experienced some similar lately ?..

I experienced login credentials issues in Webpositive that arises recently. First I suspected Haiku services only - especially when I saw forum post about internal error 500 experienced about Haiku package server connection.

I experienced that I constantly loose logged in status - recently - however I had never logged out. I used to leave logged in in Webpositive in all services.
No problemo, basically, just inconvenience to always relogin, BUT
actually it fails - I mean the relogin - as well.

My login credentials even added well into the input fields, login button clicking results into a warning message about
ā€œSeems your browser settings blocks cookies - you should enable cookiesā€ or similar. It was strange ā€¦ I had not got any message with such problem until now.
Restart Web+ does not resolve the issue but only full reboot. It is not inconvenience itā€™s frustrating.
After reboot and relogin meanwhile Iā€™ve spent hours logged in and later looking back to Web+ I get logged out from Haiku related services and Google account as well.
I updated packages on 1st of August last time, but one and only suspicious for me ā€˜libg2_x86ā€™ ā€“ as it is a library and might used by Webpositive ā€“ the other packages are for multimedia or apps not related to Webpositive.

the_saved_packages_at_latest_install

I am not sure this package related to Web+ anyhow and this issue affects anyone else.

Seems cookie storage wiped out - no cookies for forum site for example. This way it is not enough to restart Web+ ā€¦ I must reboot to resolve - however connection beyond intuition is not clear HOW relates.

Anyway -
I just wanted to ask about it the community. As you can see Iā€™m on 32bit Haiku R1 Beta 4

hrev56578+87 Jul 3 2023 06:45: BePC x86 Haiku

Long live and prosper !

1 Like

I would be surprised if it was coming from glib as Web+ doesnā€™t use it AFAIK. From this list, thereā€™s nothing that should break Web+. It probably happened soonerā€¦ If you kept some older states, perhaps can you find one where it works. It would help to know when it starts to happen.
Anyway, thatā€™s a regression and you should open a ticket.

Please open a ticket at https://dev.haiku-os.org

I will do so, as I can catch problem and Web+ message again.
Recently I rebooted the system without trying to relogin. The reboot itself was required for newly installed packages, not because this login stuff, however I missed this chance to create screenshots about the result of event itself.