Ranking list of application with haikudepot

See 12750 - unfortunately probably quite tricky to bring together.

Ahoy folks !

It was originally PMs ā€“ however @apl asked his reply to rather discuss such things in public ā€¦

so, HERE YOU ARE

quote=ā€œKitsunePrefecture, post:1, topic:13331, full:trueā€]
Hi there :slight_smile:

Unfortunately waddlesplash misunderstood my note in #18343 ā€“ I wrote
I can do registering ā€¦ ment from my side : yes I can do it, but not equal that was supposed : I could do it.
So meanwhile I added supplemental notes he closed the ticket.

Anyway - now I have a password tha does not match somehow with requirements.
Those mentioned in description below - my password matched.
Does the actual settings allow to use non alfanumeric characters ?

Thanks for your reply,

JƔnos
[/quote]

and now - here it comes his answer

I hope I had not iterate making mistake to share our discussion HERE - against those open places he mentioned in his replyā€¦

I canā€™t register for the hello depot server from the application.

Does it include a list of applications installed on other systems, like Android has? That would be a cool feature.

Can you please try your username in lower case. For example ā€œBigTreeā€ would be ā€œbigtreeā€.

Are you able to elaborate on what you mean or what the problem is that you are experiencing when you register?

Does it include a list of applications installed on other systems, like Android has? That would be a cool feature.

It is not really clear what you mean here.

When you login with a Google account in PlayStore (Googleā€™s app store for Android) one can see lists of apps installed and uninstalled on other devices in wich you logged in with the same account.

Indeed it will be a nice addition that, hopefully, will entice more people to register and use their account.
In quite a few occasions I have tried and uninstalled an app, and later canā€™t remember wich one was. Or simply when you need to do a fresh reinstall, or installing in another machine.

That means collecting and storing quite an amount of data about the user and his hardware. Some would call that feature user spying. I think that would go against Haiku philosophy.

4 Likes

Ah I see; thanks for the clarification. No, HDS does not seek to do this because it would mean storing information about usersā€™ devicesā€™ state.

1 Like

Luckily Haiku is not Google :grin:
In the rare case such a thing ever got implemented, I will expect it to be optional and clearly explained.

1 Like

No no, I just meant a fairly simple list of tried apps, no matter the machine.
At most, the app version tried, rating and comment. At most.
Ah, and only user accessible (client-side encrypted if you want), not for data survey or anything!
For that thereā€™s already the public comments and ratings and the opt-in anonymous usage statistics.