qutIM manual

Please point me to instructions on how to install qutIM on Haiku-os. The installation of the Debian version seems quite straightforward, but I am struggling to get ICQ working on Haiku.

Error: The remote host closed the connection.

Thanks.

But you have in mind that Haiku is not Linux?

Caya, but it doesn’t support ICQ.

Haiku depot should have some client, did you look in there?

Definitely not Linux. I’ve used BeOS from 5.0 through all the iterations of Zeta until its tearful demise. Recently, I’ve been delving into Haiku-OS and loving it. But a lot has changed and I have some learning to do.

Unfortunately, I don’t have experience with qutIM. However, generally the apps throw some aditional information when started from the Terminal.

Try to start qutIM typing his name from a Terminal, and see if shows more information about the error message.

Good luck!

Thanks un_spacyar.

I couldn’t get it to work. Maybe someone who has it running – or has any IM client running ICQ on Haiku can come to our aid.

I use ICQ, Skype, Facebook chat and Steam mobile in Haiku through a XMPP server supporting these protocols as transports. Using Psi+ or Vacuum-IM as the client depending on what mood I’m in :wink:

[quote=“Knez, post:8, topic:6735”]i
use ICQ, Skype, Facebook chat and Steam mobile in Haiku through a XMPP server supporting these protocols as transports. Using Psi+ or Vacuum-IM as the client depending on what mood I’am
[/quote]

Would be fine to have a tutorial about it on http://www.besly.de. If you have fun, do it please

That’s encouraging to hear.

Yes. That would be so helpful.

I can surely fix a tutorial. The server I’m using is one that I have set up myself and use every day.
It will become public as soon as I iron out the last tiny issues.

But until then I can try to find other servers that has support for the same services.

We appreciate your efforts, Knez.

Hi Knez,
Where might I find instructions on how to connect to my ICQ account using Psi+?
Thanks.