QupZilla problems

Since a few days I’m having problems with QupZilla, to the point where it’s virtually impossible to use. If I try to load a simple web page like haiku-os.org the cpu load immediately goes to nearly 100% and stays there. Sometimes after a few minutes parts of the page are displayed sometimes the screen just stays white. Tried with multiple different websites, same results.
To be clear, the problem did not immediately appear after the qtwebkit update with subtle_crypto. My tests with web.whatsapp.com were successful. I think there was a qt5 update a few days later and the problem appeared around that time.
So, is anybody else experiencing this problem or is it just me? I deleted my QupZilla settings under /boot/home/config/settings/QupZilla but nothing changed. If any diagnostic data is needed I’m happy to provide it.

UPDATE: I guess that was bad timing… I just ran SoftwareUpdater and it also did an update of the qt5 package. Since that update QupZilla seems to be running normally again.

Might be time for someone to try changing QupZilla over to Falkon.

Known problem. Please use the Issue tracker for reporting bugs with 3rdparty software: https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues/2917

1 Like

QtWebEngine port still doesnt exist for Haiku.
@cocobean: any news?

Thanks for the advice @extrowerk , I didn’t know where to report non-system bugs.

Maybe the forum should have a sticky thread with this info, but it is as easy as: report at the provider. :wink:
The package comes from the HaikuPorts repo, so the provider is the HaikuPorts project.

Fair enough, you’re right. Should have been pretty obvious… I’ll try to report the bugs at the right place next time :wink:

@extrowerk - Issue seems resolved as of hrev52235+ with the refreshed qt5/qupzilla.

There are other bugs I tested on haiku that I had on freebsd too, as example no downloading archives, so it’s a matter of qupzila than a haiku package port.

Yes, the issue was resolved :+1: :

I was thinking about that too, but I´m not so sure. I tried Falkon on Ubuntu last week and it crashed quite a lot. Used the package from the Ubuntu repository, did´nt compile it myself.

That doesn’t sound good. I’ve never tried Falkon; maybe I should and see how it fares.