Quick Tour finished

Oh, alright then… :slight_smile:
Since it’s a short sentence, I added “ISO images can be mounted with a double-click.”

Yes, you can add it with a Info Box. Iso, bfs… Any more too?

Info boxes take too much space. Ideally a slide shouldn’t have to be scrolled. And we already have a warning box there…

[quote=“humdinger, post:84, topic:7396”]I
nfo boxes take too much space. Ideally a slide shouldn’t have to be scrolled. And we already have a warning box there…
[/quote]

Ok then cut the unmount Text to “attention, dont forget to unmount usb Devices first!” and add to the main Text mounting/unmounting :slight_smile:

At Devices you can place into (for example cd/DVD, hdd, Iso, bfs…)

I missing something ‘haiku special’ at deskbar. You does not say that people can change the deskbar Position

Sidenote: apart from making this in html (which rocks as is), a future version may gain some benefict by being made on something like Pandoc (not yet in Haiku), so you can use the same input to generate a pdf for the content and also html, from the command line.

It’s WebPositive :slight_smile:

1 Like

So you can see that i am long long time around here :wink:

1 Like

You have my sympathies. I spent a lot of time the other day looking for NetPositive in the applications list before I remembered it was WebPositive.

…if Quicktour multilanguange… it will be more interesting maybe…
if yes … i can help translating into native languange

i miss my suggestion into you current version :slight_smile:

Will it be enough to say that this is possible with ISOs?

It’s a “quick” tour. If I cram in every detail described in the user guide I’d end up with a wall of text. That’s where the “Further reading” link comes into play.

would it make sense at this point, for example, to make a link from the deskbar name to the corresponding area of the userguide? That would tie both together.

IMO pointing to more resources under “Further reading” is obvious enough.

1 Like

@humdinger There are some problems with slide 19: ‘Error: Cannot load file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/humdingerb/quicktour/master/en/19-wireless.html

Fixed. Thanks, a Find & Replace misfire…

1 Like

Cool. Well, although the ‘distro’ is only a side project, there are other things happening in my life right now — including finishing a Haiku beta review! So I definitely want to say thank you for taking this project over. You guys are awesome.