Promotional Haiku logos

I just did that before, it is the second to last option.
edit: you need to convert the wonderbrush image from the repo, not the png!

However I’ve posted that image before and @pulkomandy said it shouldn’t be used, unless I misunderstood something.

Let’s also ask @leavengood and @kallisti5 for comment here, since Haiku trademarks are involved. But I think @pulkomandy is correct, that “logo” should not be used for official purposes.

Turns out, I was accidentially using Becasso. I didn’t have Wonderbrush, but I found & compiled it. Still, for Save As or Export, the only options were .wonderbrush or PNG. Could you make a SVG and email it to me? richard.j.zak@gmail.com.

Otherwise, this is what we’ve got: https://deploy-preview-317--shimmering-lollipop-c2855e.netlify.app/.
r5-small

1 Like

I can yes, but we should first make sure it is allowed to be used :slight_smile:

Right, I missed that comment!

Seems to me this is the best option, since it has the name of the project and is something the devs/Inc. are happy with:

The SVG export exists in Wonderbrush but it is lossy (because SVG does not implement everything the WonderBrush format does). That’s why there are only PNG exports available in the Haiku repository.

The “toolchain” you have set up for converting to SVG will lead to even worse quality however, so it would be nice to avoid that.

Also, do we want the Github repo link or Haiku’s official repo? If we go with the Github link, there’s some interesting additional data the webapp pulls, such as number of commits, latest commit, number of contributors, etc.

Why a repo and not the main website?

Take a look at the entry for Qemu: RISC-V Interactive Landscape. Of course the main website is already there.

Preview with what I think is the preferred logo: RISC-V Interactive Landscape

1 Like

It’s the best one.

It looks pretty nice with that logo, No need to look further.
Just my 2 cents…

I may just mark it as ready, we can have a future PR to have a better logo if needed. My wife is going to see what she can do to clean up the SVG file in Illustrator (and I had no luck with Wonderbrush).

Where did you get the svg from then?

The background in your logo isn’t even the same white as the page background. Please, can you wait a few hours so someone has time to make a proper svg export instead of using do’en of tools and hacks :frowning: and now recruiting more people to do useless work

I am travelling now but I can do it this afternoon. It will take me 30 seconds once I am sitting in front of a Haiku computer.

There’s already an SVG version in Haiku’s repo :slightly_smiling_face: :

https://git.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/data/artwork/HAIKU%20logo%20-%20black.svg

1 Like

One drawback of using the “Haiku logo - black.svg” is that the background is transparent. A good thing, normally, save when people are using “dark mode”. Then it becomes unreadable. Maybe best to have a fixed white background after all. Except if the site supports to have a separate dark-mode version of the logo. Then provide the “Haiku logo white.svg” as well.

We intentionally provide two versions of the logo for dark and white backgrounds. These should be used together.

I don’t know if there is some trick in SVG we could use to “autodetect” the background color or wether the web browser used to view the file is using dark mode

1 Like

Is there a Haiku equivalent to this BeOS logo?
BeOS_Logo-3D

No, this is done in html with a media querry.

In any case, they asked explicitly about a logo working on a light background only, they probably don’t intend to support dark mode on that page.

Indeed, the logo is on a white background. There’s no dark mode, so I don’t think it would change.

Exactly. What I’ve got now looks bad, but not terrible.