after a full working night, I finally have completed a long-awaiting task I think it will be very useful to newcomers: putting some love to the good, old classic “Learning to program with Haiku” by Jon Yoder.
For this first release I’ve just reformatted and corrected some typos in the first volume of the serie. I then released it in more formats. No changes or integrations of new content.
Here’s are some example pages from the PDF build:
There’s a lot to do, yet:
- Better styling of .epub version
- Resolve some bugs in .mobi version
- Finish the Docker image, to make life easier to contributors
- Make the CI pipeline automatically update the release page.
- Reformat and release the volume 2, ofc
Said that, this classic book is just a rough, very compact intro and it is a bit outdated IMHO. A severe update on the content should be made. But this is far beyond my skills, unfortunately, so I hope that some of you would help me in that. PRs welcomed
so, I hope this helps and LCTM now