Problems with Java IDEs

I am trying to coding with Java on Haiku. I tried NetBeans and IntelliJ. NetBeans was too laggy on my virtual machine so, i tried IntelliJ. But it stucks on a very little window, i can’t resize or use it.
Ekran Alıntısı
How i can solve that problem?

I recommend to run Haiku on real hardware. A lot of hardware is supported.

3 Likes

I have only one computer. And i can’t dualboot and use Haiku from USB (i have only one USB and it’s for recovery).

There are a couple options for you. If you’re using a ggc2 build of Haiku there is a hpkg of BlueJ version 3.1.7 which uses Openjdk8 on Beshare. If you’re on an x86_64 machine BlueJ version 3.17 will build using Openjdk8 (it is possible to get that version of BlueJ to use a later version of Openjdk)

Greenfoot 1.51 is another option and if I remember, it will readily build using later OpenJdk versions. Greenfoot uses different terminolgy (think games) as it for education purposes.

2 Likes

Here’s a couple screenshots that I took to show they will run.

screenshot1

screenshot2

screenshot3

screenshot4

screenshot5

4 Likes

You should tell hin the server on beshare too. The default one of tunetracker are offline.

@lelldorin,

Good idea!

if you’re going to use the gcc2 build of BlueJ available on Beshare, you should use the following server:

beshare.agmsmith.ca

BlueJ throws errors.
Ekran Alıntısı

Those errors are because you tried to use a later openjdk. Openjdk8 was the last version which included tools which are needed to run Blue. In the later openjdk’s they use javafx for tools. I made a hpkg to install the java tools from openjdk8 to use in later openjdk’s.

Just got back from work and read your error message again. I think you also tried to install a newer version of BlueJ due to javafx. the last version of bluejay that doesn’t require javafx is 3.1.7