Post your Haiku screenshot!

No Serial Experiments Lain :frowning:

1 Like

It is a tread about posting screenshots…
Maybe better to open a new one about Haiku installed directly on Hardware…

Since I don’t have much trouble with Haiku on my machines I don’t know what to report!?

3 Likes

Anybody using HiQDock - looking for cool screen shots please :slight_smile:

My current desk. Finally running Slack in Haiku (TeamWords).

16 Likes

I have been really busy, but recently I had the time to install haiku on my computer.

If you notice, it is running inside QEMU. this is because it does not recognize my laptop’s ethernet.
So I have to run it in QEMU whenever I download something.

I am slightly surprised that haiku doesn’t recognize my ethernet chip (realtek), because it is recognized by LinuxMint, OpenBSD, and 9front. however slackware doesn’t recognize it either.
Maybe a user error?

8 posts were split to a new topic: Realtek 8168 ethernet problems

this is mine
moved the deskbar at the bottom and tweaked the appearance by changing the default colors

5 Likes

Similar to mine, except I make the text green. There were a few bugs fixed recently with dark themes.

To be fair the forum should downscale that… like any modern forum should while providing a link to the original. Also if data is so precious don’t be browsing image threads :roll_eyes:

Hi, this looks like this bug: https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/13189

You many want to keep an eye on it…

2 Likes

If your looking to run Haiku on actual hardware, your best of going with hardware that is known to work. I think haiku hardware compatibility is actually rather very good. Boots perfectly on all boards I have lying around and sound works perfect on most of the soundblaster (augidy2 and younger) and even though I hate the vesa driver, I do acknowledge that’s this is how we have most VGA card compatibility. (Running a ATI x850 in my hàiku box as it had great compatibility with W98. At any rate, what I was trying to say was building a haiku box can be a lot of fun, selecting the parts that you know will work without issue allows you to enjoy the OS even more.

Very happy with my dual opty 250 running on a tyan s2885 board.

2 Likes

Here’s my screenshot of my current setup. Using QMPlay2 to listen to a radio station stream. Uploading this one since my original one from last year seems borked.

2 Likes

Doom II with GZDoom running on an old laptop. The back bar on the right is an artifact from where the screen capture window was, likely preventing part of the screen refresh.

1 Like

Running hrev52919 in VirtualBox on my MacBook. :slight_smile: Using it as an experimental OS at the moment, which is why I haven’t installed it on the physical machine.

1 Like

I can highly recommend using Parallels instead of VirtualBox. So much faster.

@konrad: I know Parallels has a free trial, but doesn’t it cost around $20 or $30 USD after the trial period expires?

More than that. It’s simply not worth the money. $80 for the basic home version but $99 p/a if you want the professional version. For that, I’ll simply stick FreeNAS on a spare 3-year old desktop and run the VMs from that.

2 Likes

2 Likes

So, I decided to change my wallpaper. Seems to fit quite well, IMO. :wink:

5 Likes