Porting Help

Hey all just rebuilt my Haiku box. I would like to port JPilot (which requires pilot-link). Any tips or pointers on porting Linux apps over to Haiku?

Haven’t checked the buildtools used for the ports you mention, Haiku (haikuports) should have all the needed tools to get you started.
When I check something new I use a prefix to /boot/home/destdir to check the build/install part (and later the content of the installed directory to prepare a recipe for packaging).
Feel free to ask.

I’m getting an error in ./Configure that also happens when I try to build it on Linux. There’s a random ) when commented out allows the configure script to run until it find another issue with some empty fi statements. Going to try to build an older version of pilot-link to see it that works.

For pilot-link there seem to be several patches around (one mentioned in the open issue there, a few others can be found at: repology

Look: Compiling pilot-link - #5 by marcoapc

Made some progress after patching with the links @Begasus provided. Finally got through building the make file and I see this error:

Making all in libpisock
make[2]: Entering directory '/boot/home/pilot-link/pilot-link/libpisock'
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -I../include -I../include     -I/usr/local/include -g2 -Wall -MT libpisock_la-unixserial.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libpisock_la-unixserial.Tpo -c -o libpisock_la-unixserial.lo `test -f 'unixserial.c' || echo './'`unixserial.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -I../include -I../include -I/usr/local/include -g2 -Wall -MT libpisock_la-unixserial.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libpisock_la-unixserial.Tpo -c unixserial.c  -DPIC -o .libs/libpisock_la-unixserial.o
In file included from unixserial.c:39:
../include/pi-source.h:26:11: fatal error: sys/errno.h: No such file or directory
   26 | # include <sys/errno.h>
      |           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can you try to patch it to **#include <errno.h>** ? Some patches around for that at haikuports.

Ok, so make finishes now. When I do a ‘make install’ it appears to copy over a bunch of libs but no pilot-link executable to run. Need to look at it more.

There is this old code for BeOS:

https://beos.jp.ax/beos_files/pulkomandy%20BeOS%20Archive%202023/MIRROR.BeOS/develop/pilot-link.txt

https://beos.jp.ax/beos_files/pulkomandy%20BeOS%20Archive%202023/MIRROR.BeOS/develop/pilot-link.zip