Parse error in .PackageInfo -> invalid url

When I try to build programs using recipes from the repository HaikuPorts I get an error “Parse error in .PackageInfo(29:5) -> invalid url”.

The values in parentheses varies depending on the program or library.
For p7zip I have “Parse error in .PackageInfo(29:5) -> invalid url”; for Weather - “Parse error in .PackageInfo(32:5) -> invalid url” etc.
Lines 32 and 29 in the appropriate .PackageInfo files means source-url.

Some time ago, I normally built several programs, such as Qmplay2 15.10.03, Qupzilla 1.8.7 etc.

What could be the problem?

I think it’s from using an out-of-date haikuporter. If you have cloned the haikuporter repo, just do a “git pull” to update it.

Regards,
Humdinger

Through Terminal?

Yes. If you have cloned haikuporter as described in the wiki, open a Terminal, change into the ‘haikuporter’ directory and do a “git pull”. If you have linked haikuporter into ~/config/non-packaged/bin as recommended in the wiki, you’ll then automatically use the updated haikuporter.

Regards,
Humdinger

Thank you very much for your help!
Really, the whole thing was out-of-date haikuporter.
Now everything works fine!

Great, Lan72. I usually update the haikuporter tree when I update the haikuports tree. Just to be on the save side. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Humdinger

Dear humdinger! When building Qt 5.6.1 using recipes from the repository HaikuPorts I get “Error: packaging policy violations in strict mode”.
You’re not faced with similar? How do I fix this error?

If you don’t use haikuporter’s -S parameter, it isn’t as strict as needed to become part of an official repository. You could try that for starters.
I just tried building Qt5.6.1 and don’t get that message. I did have to correct the checksum in the recipe though, and even then it fails building due to some conflict with the version of the icu devel package… Not something I want to mess around currently.

Regards,
Humdinger

I also corrected the checksum in the recipe, but I don’t use this -S parameter. During a long building occurred unexpected POLICY ERROR:

The recipe for Qt5.6.1 isn’t quite ready yet, see Issue #747 in the haikuports repo. Maybe @korli who submitted the recipe as draft, or @3dEyes who is our Qt-sage, can comment on their progress or give hints on what you could work on. Or maybe the focus is already on Qt5.7?
If you just need Qt5, there’s Qt5.5 in HaikuDepot.

Regards,
Humdinger

Thank you, humdinger.
The situation is a little clearer…