Oh no.. Haiku on a Phone (or Tablet)

Interesting, though their target devices seem to be more “single board computer” targeted.
To be clear, you’re on the right track though. Any complete UEFI implementation on a device should allow Haiku to at least attempt to boot. ARM, ARM64, RISCV64, doesn’t really matter.

u-boot or Tianocore are two pretty common “full UEFI implementations”

1 Like

For UI and other things, you could pre-test on the Surface Pro series (UEFI, Intel).

Also, the Galaxy Z Fold5 (SM-F946U) has a nicer screen layout than the regular phones. But, the cost factor…

PineTab has both ARM and RISC-V variants, but has no pen input. There is also the PineNote with an included pen, but it uses an E-Ink screen. All of them can be used with UEFI.

OOF. I wish I knew about the PINETAB-V a few days ago. I just bought a Clockwork uConsole RISC-V to play with, but the specs of the PineTab are a lot better for the same price :frowning_face:

Someone should pickup a PINETAB-V for Haiku…

Quickly sold out so I can’t get a one :frowning:

Ahoy @kallisti5 ,

I edited the title … to better cover the discussion here.
I hope it is no problem to changed so; the addition at the end clarifies when and where possible to probing the installs and development -
IF anyone would like to do so …

2 Likes

Oh yeah, didn’t mention it here but two months or a bit łater ago I tried compiling the ARM version and putting it on my EDK2’d Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE. Haiku didn’t get detected but the bootloader started and seeing that was awesome enough, Though with the controls freaking out a bit there and in GRUB2 I’m not 100% sure about that EDK being fully working, apparently boots Linux but farthest I got was a kernel panic - granted I didn’t and still don’t quite know what I’m doing

1 Like

This stuff - from @tqh -

… later may help you out !..

I suggest to start to keep on tracking it … :j

I have an ARM tablet, Toscida, a problem for Haiku would also be an Internet connection via GSM (using a SIM card). I look forward to hearing about progress with ARM on Haiku