Non-Coding related Contributions to Haiku

Hi all,

I’m new to Haiku (although I have been following the project for a while now). Having installed and tested Haiku on Virtualbox and filed a few bugs, I’m wondering what else I can do to help with the project. As you can probably tell from the title, I’m not a coder, so I want to know if there are any areas of the project where I can help out without having any development knowledge (i.e any areas of documentation that are prioritised for improvements)? In case you need a bit more information, I’m comfortable with writing and also have some experience with HTML and CSS (but not Javascript, unfortunately).

Thanks!

5 Likes

Reporting bugs is already a good way to help if you do it well. (I mean with enough details so it doesn’t end like a waste of time.)
If you speak several languages, you can participate in localization efforts on Pootle but also on Polyglot.
You can hunt for typos everywhere, apps, docs, web site, package recipes.
I think that there a need for some visual things, like hvif icons for some apps.
You may have noticed there is almost no changelog in HaikuDepot. Maybe some help is needed with that.

1 Like

Speaking as a non developer myself also, maybe you can check out our great haikuporter tool and check haikuports if there is an interest for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or you can write tutorials, help by translating tutorials or check translattions of our tutorials for our haiku knowledge base http://www.besly.de

2 Likes