No sound from 2010 Mac Mini - current nightly

After a number of years, thought I would download the current nightly today and give it a whirl on my 2010 Mac Mini. With the use of Refit I am able to boot from a USB stick with the current nightly. Ethernet works well so that is nice.

No sound from the headphone port on the Mac Mini. I have plugged into it a nice Bose speaker. Zilch…

downloaded and installed OpenSound from the HaikuDepot app and reboot. Still no sound.

Is there some setting I am lacking?

I tell you… Media preference has always been rather foreign to me. The settings look OK but there are way more than a commoner like I know what to do with.

The Audio Settings Audio Input shows HD Audio. Audio Output shows HD Audio. Channel shows output 0.

What else am I missing?

I can’t seem to trash the hmulti_audio_media_addon like I seem to remember one had to do years ago to allow OpenSound to work. Or maybe I am wrong.

Any help would be cool!

Would be nice to give this Mac Mini a new job.

TJ

1 Like

On my MacBook Pro, I need to boot into OSX first (so that it initialises the output ports), then I reboot into Haiku. I do get HDA audio out via the headphone jack. That is an issue with HDA port mapping, every device is different.

Um, you don’t get sound from the microphone port… that’s for sound input. Try using the headphone jack. :smiley:

I meant headphone jack, lol. TJ

Did you boot from Reddit manager first into OS X, then restart from OS X, hold option and in refit boot to haiku? TJ

You can blacklist the add-on from the boot options (hold SHIFT when booting) and if that solves it, make that blacklisting permanent, see Disabling components of packages | Haiku Project .

I need to know what older files I need to blacklist in order for OpenSound to work. Anyone able to tell me them and I can try. Thx… TJ

Welcome to the Haiku shell.

~> listimage

kernel team - /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/audio/…

Hi, I am not sure what you are asking.

Yes I can type the listimage in terminal and get some output.

What is kernel team - /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/audio/…
doing?

TJ

Sorry, kim does not speak english - only command line :smiley:

What he means is you can run listimage and look for lines containing “audio”. These paths are the ones of currently loaded audio drivers, which you can then blacklist as already explained from boot menu or a blacklist file.

Zum Beispiel:

Welcome to the Haiku shell.

~> listimage

KERNEL TEAM:
ID Text Data Seq# Init# Name

1 0x80000000 0x801c5000     0          0 kernel_x86
2 0x81953000 0x8195f000     0          0 intel

1769 0x81a4b000 0x81a4d000 0 0 /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/input/wacom
1972 0x81b28000 0x81b34000 0 0 /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/audio/hmulti/hda
2040 0x81b8e000 0x81b90000 0 0 /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/bus/usb_raw
2096 0x81ba2000 0x81bac000 0 0 /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/network/protocols/unix
2353 0x81de1000 0x81de3000 0 0 /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/network/protocols/icmp

1 Like