No Login with WebPositive in ebay or facebook

Hi all,

I use the last nighlty build of the beta 3.
Installation is okay after write a new intel table to the harddisk, because if not, I have no boot.
After installing, booting and short update I have a look around the system. I use this acer laptop to cruise around the web. Some deals on ebay, meet friends around the world with fb.
But, surprise surprise… I can nor login in ebay or fb, because both login pages hangs and the browser is loading and loading…
Could it be that these websites require different browser techniques that the Haiku web browser does not? Then I would leave everything else as a programmer and try to improve this. The web browser is a killer application these days, and it has to work!

Except statements to my suggestions for improvement :wink: , is there a tip for me?

Edit: I see, we need more info:
I start Webpositive from Terminal and the last few lines bevor hanging around are:

MESSAGE https://ir.ebaystatic.com/rs/v/s0hteylevy4bpkd12dvkd4yi5ms.js:58:455: NetworkError: A network error occurred.
WARNING: trying to load platform resource ‘missingImage’

Edit II.:
I try the same doing with opera/Linux and this error does not appear in the developer console of opera…

Edit III
It can be a SSL prob:

SSL rv -1 error:00000005:lib(0):func(0):DH lib

or that ebay checks the browser and said: No way, you wont get in…

What can I do?

1 Like

Looks like you are a programmer / developer…more knowledgeable than an ordinary user like me…
If you have decided to improve webpositive…pl. see all the latest issues posted wrt webpositive and then decide on your course of action

These two logs you copied are irrelevant. The first is complaining that we don’t yet have a “missing image” placeholder icon. The second is some warnings from OpenSSL but as far as I know, it has no consequences.

The problem with web technologies is that modern websites are very complex and it’s not easy to find where the problems are. Our browser is based on the same engine as Apple Safari, so it should have good compatibility with most things. But it doesn’t always work that well in reality.

2 Likes

That’s irrelevant. I don’t hear from Safari users about this problem.