Needed hardware (donation/purchases)

Random question.
Are there specific pieces of hardware the development “team” needs to further drivers, etc.? For instance there have been numerous HDPI improvements lately in the Linux community after a couple developers were able to pickup 4K monitors for themselves and dive into the issues.
I was curious if so, it might be easier to purchase that hardware for someone instead of using the donate option? No idea if thats more helpful or not.
Thoughts?

Personally my flat is already full of hardware to work on: printer, my laptop with still no external video out, no working webcam and SD card slot, several SPARC machines, various USB devices, DVB-T receivers, a blue-ray reader, …

Some of these including my current laptop are donations from Haiku users. I can’t say I’m unhappy with that, but only as long as people remember that it’s just a donation and not a commitment from me to actually add support for the hardware in the short-term.

I think the best thing to do is donate hardware to other people than me and see if that works better :smiley:

1 Like

Gah PK why isnt all of that done yet! :wink:

Come to think of it… maybe I should donate some of this hardware myself. Anyone wants an USB DVB-T receiver?

1 Like