Nano wallet for Haiku

I’m writing a wallet for a C.C. called Nano (https://nano.org). Not sure whether that’s of interest – don’t remember seeing many crypto c.ies related posts here?

The interface is kinda orthogonal: the History/Send/Security tabs react differently depending on whether you select a single account or a wallet as a whole:

mininano_for_haiku

At the time I did my first test “send”, Haiku was the first platform to have a Nano GUI wallet with a full addressbook-like arborescence of accounts (instead of being limited to just one account or one wallet), though the other platforms are catching up fast now.

Anyway I might use some help to add new features; if a developer is interested I can make the source available on chiselapp or something.

Thanks

2 Likes

Can this make use of the Keystore API (headers/os/app/Key.h) ?

Good point – and this is exactly the kind of thing I would be glad to use help for :slight_smile:

Currently this is a ‘research/hobby’ wallet rather than a production wallet. The seed file on disk is not even encrypted (!). Looking at the official Nano wallet I see they optionally encrypt the seed with an AES (? IIRC) encryption scheme; the user then has to provide a password to access most wallet features. Haiku’s Keystore might be a very good fit for the password management part, leaving only the actual encrypt/decrypt part left to do.

That’d be low on my do-list however, given all I want to do first… If somebody wants to do a “fossil push” to my (TBD) fossil repo with some code it might be nice :slight_smile: Would have to clean up my code first, if I hear there’s interest.