After my old notebook kicked the bucket (for real this time), I had to take the risk of ordering a new one…
I’m glad to report that I chose well.
My notebook has arrived and seems to be quite well supported under Haiku! \o/
It’s a Schenker B513 with a 500gb SSD, i7-4712MQ (quad-core), and WLAN intel 6235.
- The intel HD 4600 graphics only work in VESA mode, but I don't care as the native 1920x1080 resolution is available for the notebook's panel. Update: it's now using the intel extreme driver.
- WLAN works
- Sound works (though the speakers aren't brilliant, but loud enough and sufficient for me. Music and movies need headphones anyway.
- Power off on shutdown and rebooting works.
- Power saving works well enough for the machine being cooler than my Core2Duo I had before. The machine is silent for everyday idling like surfing the web etc.
Here is what’s currently not working:
- The Fn-keycombos. Most annoyingly the backlight control, i.e. it's constantly running on full power.
- No two-finger scrolling and no way to assign a scroll-area with the Touchpad preferences.
Only had it for a day now, but I’m very pleased so far.