I’ve just assembled my first desktop PC in over 15 years and I call it my new “Be (quiet!) Box”. It has 2 orange LED bars at the front just like they should be, and since the RGB is controllable, I wouldn’t be suprised if eventually they can dance to the tune of Process Controller or Pulse. 100% working Haiku system (with a few upgrades):
- Ryzen 3700X (8 core)
- MSI x570 Tomahawk
- Realtek 1220A audio (fully working, both rear line out and front headphones)
- Nvme fully working (Samsung EVO 970 Pro + ADATA SX8200). 1Tb stick for Haiku
- rEFInd boot manager
- Ethernet via add on PCI-X intel EXPI9301CTBLK (the built in Realtek 8125B is waiting for FreeBSD port of OpenBSD driver, Haiku should follow a few months later)
- Wifi via TP-Link AC750 travel router (bridge between ethernet and Wifi), since Intel AC6 200 not supported by FreeBSD yet.
- Radeon 5600XT at 3840x2160.
Already using Haiku as default system. Plan to go 100% Haiku for personal use, with occassional Linux development for work.