My Haiku Ports List

@Begasus Ok I’m going to upstream that patch :wink: I haven’t investigated the 32bit issue yet.

@Starcrasher yeah I know, and there is also a “sequel” (not flashback nor fade to black) that is called Heart of the Alien (that is available only on Sega CD). It seems that there is an opensource reimplementation available: GitHub - M-HT/hota: Heart of The Alien engine rewrite, forked from http://hota.sourceforge.net/
Maybe I’ll try to port it later.
Back on your post: I don’t know how to handle this situation here, we have multiple names for the same package. Maybe @Begasus have some ideas?

EDIT:
melonDS patch upstreamed

1 Like

I think that the package description is clear enough and there’s no doubt about the game supported. My comment was more aimed at people who want to try it. Sometimes, pictures are better to bring back memories. :wink:

1 Like

These should be avoided, it’s hard for HaikuDepot or pkgman to know which one to install (one would take over from the other either way, so only one will be install-able).

@Luca91 it’s going to take longer than I expected. Turns out, Ghidra now relies on Gradle for OS detection, so Gradle seems to have to be ported unless a separate set of build scripts (and there are a lot of them) are to be maintained, and Haiku doesn’t have a Gradle port. It shouldn’t be hard, since it’s all Java, and Gradle runs fine otherwise, but I don’t have the time right now.

I can see about how to make a HaikuPorts script for the slightly older Ghidra 10.1 (vs 10.4) that’s already compiling for Haiku.

2 Likes

@rjzak Okay no problem at all, take your time as I don’t plan to use it in the near future :wink:

Good news:

• Now the games I’ve ported have an icon
  • Yara is now available on HaikuDepot
  • Flashback is now available on HaikuDepot

Now to the bad news:
I’m going to take a long break from Haiku and from porting software as my focus is shifting to other stuff.
The current situation with the WIP ports is as follow:

• Thimbleweed Park (engge2): This game works but the PR can’t be merged as nim is not working correctly in haikuporter. I’ll leave the PR open in the hope that in the future this will be fixed by someone.

• CPUminer: I shared all my work with a friend. He will probably release the recipe in the future. Please note that I never used this program, so I have 0 knowledge about it.

• Detect It Easy (DIE): I’m not going to write a recipe for it as it would require to manually specify and configure more than 40 submodules… AFAIK there is currently no way to automatically fetch git submodules in a recipe, so this is a lot of work. I can of course share my patchset if someone is interested in doing this work.

• The melonDS 32bit package is still broken, I have not looked into that as I currently don’t have any Haiku x86 VM.

Please note that I upstreamed every patch that I could, so it shouldn’t be hard to update these recipes when a new version will be released.

I would like to thank all the people who helped me in one way or another during these porting attempts. Thank you very much colleagues and friends!

14 Likes

Thanks so far for your contribution, hope you wont disappear too long :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What a pity you could not build a small team for your interests so your fellows could continue your started works …

Thanks for your cometing appearance on the sky of Haiku apps porting/development - we hope you returns back just as those sky objects does :nerd_face:

1 Like