Minbari showin' some might!

It looks like Minbari has put a fair number of machines back on the TeamHaiku SoB project! We should catch up to TeamBeOS even faster now!

Also, he let me know in a message that he has created some more Team Haiku teams on some of the newer BOINC projects. I will be tracking these down and posting the details in the sticky thread this evening if I remember.

On that note, has anyone attempted a BOINC port recently? It looks like most of the dependencies for the core client are already ported or very nearly ported (I have emailed Oliver Tappe to get any patches for OpenSSL 0.9.8 that he has available) I’m going to investigate this some, but I’m not very qualified. I’ve built all the newest versions of the GNU dependencies last night except for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and the newer libcurl which I’m waiting to hear from Oliver on.

umccullough wrote:
It looks like Minbari has put a fair number of machines back on the TeamHaiku SoB project! We should catch up to TeamBeOS even faster now!

Also, he let me know in a message that he has created some more Team Haiku teams on some of the newer BOINC projects. I will be tracking these down and posting the details in the sticky thread this evening if I remember.

On that note, has anyone attempted a BOINC port recently? It looks like most of the dependencies for the core client are already ported or very nearly ported (I have emailed Oliver Tappe to get any patches for OpenSSL 0.9.8 that he has available) I’m going to investigate this some, but I’m not very qualified. I’ve built all the newest versions of the GNU dependencies last night except for OpenSSL 0.9.8 and the newer libcurl which I’m waiting to hear from Oliver on.

Oh, I got libcurl built too here. But those dependencies aren’t a problem; at all

Its the shared memory, memory mapping, threading and networking parts of BOINC that effectively unportable - they’ll need to be rewritten.

Like some other apps, the dependencies themselves aren’t the issue; the app is.

MYOB wrote:
Oh, I got libcurl built too here. But those dependencies aren't a problem; at all

Its the shared memory, memory mapping, threading and networking parts of BOINC that effectively unportable - they’ll need to be rewritten.

Like some other apps, the dependencies themselves aren’t the issue; the app is.

Yes, now I remember - you told me that before (somewhere)…