Milkytracker Purty-please?

Good day all :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know how to ask/suggest this type of thing but I love Haiku and I am a wannabe music creator. I write alot in Milkytracker and the version available in our repository is quite out of date (we have 1.01 and over a long time the project itself is up to 1.03)

As I’ve been trying to transition to Haiku as my daily driver, I really want this one and have no idea how to port it myself, I have no coding experience and so on. Am I bringing this up in the correct place? Or if there are easy to follow directions to download it and create a build myself I would be happy to.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

Got an updated version running (don’t know how to use it, I’ll leave that up to you to check it out), need some checks before I push the changes to haikuports so it can be merged :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yay! If there’s a means for me to be a part of that process, I’m ready to test.

1 Like

A PR has been filed ad haikuports (not merged yet), if you are familiar with building packages with haikuporter you could check it out at: https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/pull/6168

EDIT my bad, just saw it got merged :wink:

3 Likes

And does it work?

I’m now working two full time jobs (this isn’t going to happen for long) but I gave it a quick spin and occasionally I get a brief lag loading up samples, but so far so good. Thank you to whomever took the time to update the port.

3 Likes

That means it is usable?!
Nice if I understand it correct.

Btw. If people asking for apps and they will be made available, It would be nice to test them, for good shake.

I apologize, I’m not a developer or anything close so I don’t always choose the best wording when talking about software. Anyway, yes sir, it is certainly usable :slight_smile:

4 Likes