Looking for Lazarus on Haiku

Greetings:

I want to install Lazarus on Haiku, but while I see posts discussing its use, I can’t seem to find a copy. I tried to compile it on my own, but the Lazarus wiki points to a bad link for the QT developer files. Any tips?

2 Likes

I think I tried from there but was not able for the debugger to attach executables. Would be great if you succeed on it.

You should probably install the QT development files from the package manager… instead of the old ones that were being distributed separately a long time ago.

And you dont want to use gdb at all.

Thanks everyone. I’ll give it a shot.

Too much years using debuggers, I am nicalejo and I am dbgholic

Seems to compile well. It fails at linking stating “/bin/ld: cannot find -lgdk-x11-2.0”. I am pretty inexperienced; any tips where I should find this?

That seem a Linux Library, X11 come from Linux. Not sure if this library exist on Haiku…I don’t see it in HaikuDepot.

But I see a lot of hpkg about X11 library in HaikuDepot maybe the library you need is in one of the developpement files of X11…Don’t know wich one.

Maybe Glib_devel HPKG from Haiku Depot, there are 2 versions:
glib_devel
glib2_devel

it’s about GTK but not seem GDK.

If that don’t work there are a lots of topics about this in the Lazarus Forum when search about lgdk:

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php

So, I think I side-stepped the GDK issue by changing the make to: “make clean all LCL_PLATFORM=qt”

Now comes in the Qt5pas files. I tried to install them in the /lib directory in system, but it’s read only, I tried putting it in /home, but the compiler cant find it there. Where can I put it so that it can be found?

Installed files by hand have to place in /boot/home/config/non-packaged this folder are in higher hirachy as the system one

Do you building Lazarus from a 32bits Haiku system?

I try here but that return me a error about binary… I’m on 64bits.

I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the tip!

Yes, I’m trying to do this on the 32 bit version.

1 Like

Funny, the script is looking for qt4pas, not qt5pas. I’ve been trying to download qt4pas all night from Haikudepot, Keeps saying its “pending” then does nothing.

Interestingly, trying with pkgman install qt4pas_x86 from Terminal it says:

The following changes will be made:
  in system:
    install package qt4pas_x86_devel-2.5.0-3 from repository HaikuPorts

So, it wants to install the _devel package instead. Weird.

Is there a source files of Lazarus for the 64 bits version of Haiku?

As far as I know, there is only one sourcefile for Lazarus-unix. I would guess its bittiness is dependent on the compiler and libraries that you use to link it, but I really don’t know.

So I have downloaded QT4pas from the link given by nicolejo, and moved its files to …/home/config/non-packaged/lib. The linker still cant find qt4pas. The files the download contained are:libQt4Pas.so libQt4Pas.so.5.2
libQt4Pas.so.5 libQt4Pas.so.5.2.5

On the website it say this

New build Lazarus for Haiku B1

Older Lazarus assemblies do not work in the new Haiku because of the Qt5 library update. 
Need rebuild Qt5Pas library.

You can replace libQt5Pas  in your system in folder **Lazarus/lib** and **~/config/non-packaged/lib/x86**

maybe put it in the x86 subdirectorie of non-packaged/lib. or create a Lazarus/lib in lib directorie…Where the build error pointing.

Here’s the output:(9022) Compiling resource …/units/i386-haiku/qt/lazarus.or
(9015) Linking …/lazarus
/bin/ld: cannot find -lQt4Pas
/boot/home/lazarus/ide/lazarus.pp(165,1) Error: (9013) Error while linking
/boot/home/lazarus/ide/lazarus.pp(165,1) Fatal: (10026) There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: (1018) Compilation aborted
Makefile:4144: recipe for target ‘lazarus’ failed
make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/boot/home/lazarus/ide’
Makefile:4572: recipe for target ‘ide’ failed
make[1]: *** [ide] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/boot/home/lazarus/ide’
Makefile:3381: recipe for target ‘ide’ failed
make: *** [ide] Error 2