Libreoffice from Haikuports just reverted from 7.x to 6.4.3.1-8?

I’m running the nightlies of Walter x86_64, and last night ran my semi-regular software update to get up with the latest in the Haikuverse. This led me to witnessing something slightly distressing… Libreoffice appeared to be downgrading itself from v7.xxx to 6.4.3.1-8 … I wondered if there was some typo involved, or possibly I’d eaten something bad for dinner and was hallucinating; when I looked at the repository at that time it still was reporting v7.x as the current version. I went to bed resolving to deal with it in the morning.

Now it’s the morning, and it appears that this was not a fever-dream. My LibreOffice is now the sub-par version 6.4.3.1-8, and that is also what resides in the Haikuports repository. What, pray tell, gives? Where and how do I get back to 7.x?

:sob: :sob: :sob:

I’m sorry to say @bronzie94, though there were reports that LibreOffice 7 was crashing on start up for other users in the Haiku community, and some functionality was broken in relation to opening files. I believe LO 7 should be available again soon enough once these errors are sorted out!

2 Likes

Fair enough :slight_smile: - OK, I will be patient. Did some DDG (and even Google!) searching and did not find obvious explanations, but very glad there is one! Good luck to the bug-squishers :muscle:

1 Like

Here is the problem:

It has been updated again, and again it does not work. :frowning:

@bbjimmy - LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 seems to work basically OK on my nightly system versus the earlier 7.0.0 package.

3 Likes

Again it looks like the libreoffice port was not tested before it was released. https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues/5269

It’s weird. On my Haiku 64-bit virtual machine, LibreOffice works without any issues. I can even create a Writing document and reload it.

On my hardware Haiku 64-bit, the opening screen opens in full screen and nothing is selectable, very little is viewable besides grey, and it has to be forcibly killed.

EDIT: Oh. I deleted the settings in Config and re-ran and it looks just fine.

ok, after removing the settings folder, libreoffice_x86-7.0.1.2-2-x86_gcc2.hpkg crashes on opening a document and does not remember the name of the file when attempting to recover the file. ( hrev54540)

Paging @3dEyes.