Lenovo Ideapad 330 Trackpad Doesn't Work

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 and the trackpad doesn’t work at all in Haiku, even in nightly. It seems to be a Synaptics trackpad. I haven’t seen anyone posting about this particular laptop on the Haiku community but it looks like support for trackpads in the Ideapad line is spotty. Is there any way to make this work? It’s my “messing around” computer and I’d love to testdrive Haiku in bare metal on it.

(The trackpad does work in Linux.)

Welcome @BigChungus! (:stuck_out_tongue:).

While I don’t have much to offer in terms of help with your issue, please let me point to this: ReportingBugs – Haiku (specially the linked “Hardware Issues” section").

Either finding a ticket for a similar issue as yours (and voting +1 on it, plus adding info regarding your hardware), or opening a new one (over https://dev.haiku-os.org), in case you don’t find one similar enough (different touchpad hardware, for example), is considered a good move.

Now let’s give some time to see what other community members have to say. Best of luck!

On this laptop trackpad (if you mean touchpad) doesn’t work also, I’m not a big user with it, so it doesn’t really bother me (R1B4 64bit), though sometimes out of the blue it does work, very strange at times. :slight_smile: