Inkscape now available in package repositories

There is already a nanosvg translator in the depot.

2 Likes

I took a look at the gdk-pixbuf api. It’s not that simple. It’s not just an analogue of TranslatorKit, but also supports animation, compositing, scaling.

2 Likes

screenshot1387

screenshot1388

screenshot1389

screenshot1390

screenshot1391

screenshot1392

Not working.

3 Likes

Awesome progress! This is one of the applications I’ve been missing on Haiku.

If only Gtk+3 could be themed to match Haiku’s style better. The default looks very out-of-place.

2 Likes

I want this font, how it is called?

Fixed.Work fine.
screenshot1396

screenshot1397

screenshot1399

screenshot1401

6 Likes

Same question. Inkscape (and some other Qt app IIRC) seem to pick the alphabetically first font they see. I don’t want to remove every font in my system…
Can we make all those Qt/Xlib/whatever frameworks use the system fonts as set in the Appearance prefs?

5 Likes

Qt uses fonts as specified by the system settings (Appearance). Problems can occur when an application uses a missing font. Then a font is chosen according to the incomprehensible internal Qt fontengine logic.
GTK seems to use fontconfig settings for it.

3 Likes

Indeed themes shouldn’t provide fonts but depend on a package providing them.
Themes makers should be aware that decorative fonts are often not localized and shouldn’t include them unless they are.
ThemeManager should have separate settings and apply colours without applying fonts.
But the problem really comes that web browsers and other apps can’t download and apply fonts on demand. Therefore we have a bunch of fonts installed only to browse the web.

1 Like

Is it possible to catch which one and in this case make the app depends on the font package?

Alright, thanks for pointing that out. I was just looking through the Ghostwriter source and it appears to use a couple of possible fonts for the HTML preview. Hardcoded… :roll_eyes:
One of them is DejaVu, which can be installed from HaikuDepot.
It’s better readable now, but uses a tiny font size. Oh well…

1 Like

inkscape_x86
Inkscape 1.1.1 on Haiku R1B3 x86 platform.

12 Likes

Sorry - I deleted it to force a better default font, and don’t remember what it is. I think it is one of the Google free fonts - if I find it again I will post its URL here