Important Change Required for Haiku Nightly and R1/Beta2 Users | Haiku Project

As an unprepared and non-English speaker, I shyly ask:
‘In the past’ there were different command sequences to add a repo to the respective Haiku 32bit / 64bit.
Has that been done, e.g. by being recognized by the system?

No need for different commands anymore.

1 Like

Hi! Where does one find this log?

*** THE COMMAND IS MISSING A SEMICOLON **
*** ALSO- Answer “yes” (without quotes) when prompted.
They should be written:

Re-add HaikuPorts repository

pkgman drop-repo HaikuPorts ; pkgman add-repo https://eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org/haikuports/master/$(getarch)/current

Re-add Haiku repository

pkgman drop-repo Haiku ; pkgman add-repo https://eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org/haiku/master/$(getarch)/current

Re-add HaikuPorts repository

pkgman drop-repo HaikuPorts ; pkgman add-repo https://eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org/haikuports/master/$(getarch)/current

Please update this page
-Shaka

1 Like

Hi @apl,

I just tried this on a different system using 64-bit Beta 2, and the catagories are working. I’ll go back and repeat the process on the 32-bit Beta 2 and see if that does the trick. Maybe I just caught it at the wrong time?

I haven’t tried my 64-bit nightly box yet.

UPDATE:
Re-did the procedure on:
32-Bit Beta 2
64-Bit Beta 2
64-Bit Nightly

All of them are showing programs in the different categories now.

After I updated my Beta2 VM I tried looking at only the source packages. When viewing all categories it worked. When viewing the Games category the display is blank. Does that help find the problem?

You can find instructions for obtaining the debug logs here at the bottom.

Yeah, My original post is correct…

The news post got truncated or something which makes everything more confusing. @jt15s , could you fix this?

@kallisti5 I did, it’s waiting for approval in this PR:

@kallisti5 ; the repository has self-updated itself with the new format identifier so you need the old identifier as the extra one not the new one. Otherwise the data coming down to the HaikuDepot clients looks like;

{
      "code": "haikuports",
      "name": "HaikuPorts",
      "description": "HaikuPorts is a centralized collection of software ported to the Haiku platform.",
      "informationUrl": "https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports",
      "repositorySources": [
        {
          "code": "haikuports_x86_64",
          "identifier": "tag:haikuports.org,2013:repositories/haikuports/master/x86_64",
          "extraIdentifiers": [
            "tag:haikuports.org,2013:repositories/haikuports/master/x86_64"
          ],

Note that the identifiers are now duplicated rather than effectively delivering the old and new identifier. Can you please make that edit in HDS.

Thanks to somebody who sent me some logs from HaikuDepot starting up;

[ServerReferenceDataUpdateProcess] remote data has not changed since [Tue, 16 Mar 2021 10:39:56 GMT]

This is rather strange as the downloaded data (worked for me) shows the newer date.

{
  "info": {
    "createTimestamp": 1624404548352,
    "createTimestampIso": "2021-06-22 23:29:08",
    "dataModifiedTimestamp": 1624393080000,
    "dataModifiedTimestampIso": "2021-06-22 20:18:00",
    "agent": "hds",
    "agentVersion": "1.0.126"
  },

However later when the person was able to get the categories I still see in their logs;

[ServerReferenceDataUpdateProcess] remote data has not changed since [Tue, 16 Mar 2021 10:39:56 GMT]

I can play around with this a bit more later to try to figure out what is going on for some people (added this) but in the meantime, a workaround might be to delete the data in ~/config/cache/HaikuDepot and start HaikuDepot desktop application once again. Let me know here if you are still stuck.

Also, you could install the jq tool from HaikuDepot and try to see what the timestamps in the repository data are in the cache;

cat ~/config/cache/HaikuDepot/reference-all_en.json.gz | gzip -d | jq .

Note that you would need to adjust the path above if you have your Haiku system configured for a different language other than the English language.

pkgman drop-repo HaikuPorts pkgman add-repo https://eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org/haikuports/master/$(getarch)/current

This is 2 commands

1. pkgman drop-repo HaikuPorts
  2. pkgman add-repo https://eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org/haikuports/master/$(getarch)/current

Without a semi colon between, it needs to be done on 2 lines.
Am I missing something?

The original post was on two lines for the two commands and didn’t need a semicolon. Did you follow the link?

@shaka444 Yes, it’s two separate commands. That was a formatting error with the original post, it should be corrected now.

I tried to fix the formatting, but for some reason the changes won’t show up on the website.

I point people to the original forum topic: [Important] Change required for nightly and r1beta2 users that predates this redundant blog post.

There seems to be formatting issues with blog posts that don’t exist with forum posts. Something for the web team to look into, I suppose,

OK, updated the R1B2 install to the new repos, updated the git sources for haikuporter and haikuports but when I run haikuporter now it shows list index out of range?
EDIT this was fixed by re-cloning the haikuports repo :slight_smile: (sorry for the noise) :wink:

I fixed the formatting issues for this post so it has finally been updated. I had to fix this to get my other news item to publish.

5 Likes

I’m seeing a:

*** failed!  :  Interrupted system call

When attempting to add the Haiku repository. I’ve successfuly removed it, the problem happens when I try to add it again. The HaikuPorts repo was added without any trouble.

There is no other error message besides that. It takes a long time to happen, and then poof, broken.

It seems too many people are trying to update their install at the same time and the repository cannot keep up with it?

That’s one of those good news/bad news type things. Good that so many people are using Haiku and trying to update, bad in that it’s causing me to not be able to update.

4 Likes

It was just down this morning :slight_smile:

The server ran out of space due to an aggressively growing log file. If there are any issues at this point, please let me know.

7 Likes