Icons and screenshots in Haiku Depot

Thanks a lot. And good news: Links to the Haiku packages will come to the official Picard download page soon :smiley:

3 Likes

It seems the short link defaults to 64 bit version.
We could say the users arent supposed to download packages manually, and because this i wouldnt provide amy link at the official page just a short notice: find the current version in the HaikuDepot.

1 Like

32 bit is under https://depot.haiku-os.org/picard_x86

I prefer to link to the HaikuDepot web view of the packages and leave the instructions on how to install things to Haiku. If we feel the package pages donā€™t make it clear how to install things I think itā€™s better to make improvements there.

1 Like

I agree here: ā€œHaiku Version available at Haiku Depotā€ evl. with an HaikuDepot icon would be easierā€¦

Agreed. Every Haiku user knows that software is installed with the HaikuDepot app.

Listing Haiku versions of an app at its project site, like Picard, is IMO more targetted at potential future Haiku users that just found out their favourite app is available for it. They might click the link and start exploring what other software is there for Haiku.
The HDS - while not really meant for browsing like an appstore (yet?) - is at least just one click away compared to the HaikuDepot app.

3 Likes